Last weekend we went to our local apple orchard and stocked up on both cider and apples. I’ve been browsing different recipes all week and knew apple crisp was the first to make since I’ve never had it before. After combining and altering a couple different recipes, I’ve created my own that I’m excited to share with you. This is not only one of the easiest apple crisp recipes ever, it’s also quick and delicious too!
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
3 Granny Smith Apples
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Granola Cereal
3 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Margarine
- Prep 4 microwave-safe mugs by spraying the non-stick cooking spray inside.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples and cinnamon then divide the mixture evenly between mugs.
- In the same small bowl combine the granola, brown sugar, and margarine. Divide evenly on top of the apples.
- Microwave all 4 mugs on high for 8 minutes – be careful when removing, these are burning hot!
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Tender, cinnamon glazed apples topped with crunchy oatmeal makes this the perfect Fall treat. Try making a parfait out of it in the morning with greek yogurt. Otherwise, it’s especially great for small get togethers; prep the ingredients ahead of time, throw it in the microwave after dinner, and everyone will have an individual serving. Top it with some cranberries and vanilla ice cream to make it even more delectable. I hope that you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
What is your favorite Autumn dessert? Share in the comments!